I had an ultrasound a week ago. I didn't want to share the results because they were somewhat shocking and we weren't really sure what would be seen in another week or so.
At that first ultrasound I found out I have a sub chorionic hemorrhage. I guess they are pretty common with IVF and no one seems super concerned about it. I don't currently have any symptoms but it can cause bleeding. We hope it will resolve on it's own and not cause any problem for the baby/babies. Yes, I said babies. At that first ultrasound they saw 2 sacs. I was not expecting that! We only transferred one so that would mean identical twins which would be pretty cool. And it had been mentioned that one embryo can split with IVF just like it does naturally. At the time I thought yeah, yeah, ok, odds are small, it's not happening. But after I found out they saw 2 I did a little research and the odds are about 2%. I would definitely play the lottery more often with those odds so I guess I should have been a little more prepared for that outcome.
I had the 2nd ultrasound today. The SCH is still there and hasn't gotten bigger so that's a good thing. They still saw 2 sacs but at this point it looks like only one may be developing. The little one that is there had a heartbeat already! It's measuring 5 weeks 6 days and it was amazing to see the little flicker of it's heart on the screen at 94 beats per minute. That heart rate is slower but it's because it's just starting out and as it continues to grow it will become faster. It's the size of a sweet pea..........imagine a baby the size of a sweet pea and it already has a beating heart!
In another week or so they will be able to tell if the 2nd sac is empty or that little one is just developing slower. So I guess the wait continues!
No comments:
Post a Comment