Saturday, February 13, 2016

39 weeks 3 days and she's here!!

The morning of 2/12/16 I headed to the hospital at 7am.  I was scheduled to be induced.  After getting all settled in they checked and I was dilated to 4 and my water was broken at 9 am.  Right away the contractions picked up. Shortly after I needed my room to be dark and quiet and everyone went to wait.  At 10:30 I received an epidural.  At 11:30 I told my nurse that the baby was coming. The doctors and nurses quickly got everything ready and baby's mom came in.  I only pushed for 5 minutes and she was born at 11:50 am.  She was 8lbs 1oz and 19.5 inches long.  It was so great to see baby's mom and dad get to hold her for the first time and watch her be weighed, measured, and checked out.  They are so in love and my portion of this journey is complete.

Here is a picture from right at 39 weeks and another from hours before delivery:



Yesterday my kids got to meet baby girl and they were in awe, it was adorable.  They both got to hold her and finally see the baby that had been kicking them at bedtime at night =)

I got some baby snuggles also!

It's so fun to see mom and dad with their baby girl.  They are enjoying every minute of her and I am so excited for them!  I bet they can't wait to get her home and get settled in.

I am now home from the hospital.  It was odd leaving the hospital without a baby but I have my two littles to keep me busy.  I was OFTEN asked if I would have a hard time "giving her up".  Now that I am home I can definitely say while it was different leaving without a baby after giving birth, I didn't give her up, I gave her back!  I am so happy for their new family of three and am really looking forward to updates from her parents as she grows!



1 comment: